cassandra-user mailing list archives

From Morten Wegelbye Nissen <...@monit.dk>
Subject Connection issue with trunk using .net
Date Sun, 19 Sep 2010 21:31:13 GMT
  Hello List,

Knowing this question might be more in the area of thrift then
cassandra, here goes:

I have been trying to do some research in using cassandra as backend for
a system build for .net, but for some reason my client seams to terminat
no matter what I do.

I am using latest from trunk, using the CliClient everything seams to
work, I can insert and get data.

What I have done so far, I have noticed that the thrift.jar is build
from r959516 of the thrift project - so I have fetched that from the
thrift project.
I have used the thrift.exe to generate the source from cassandra.thrift.
Boiled it together in a C# project, and start to run it.
But, as soon as I issue the first RPC command, a IOException( Unable to
write data to the transport connection: An established connection was
aborted by the software in your host machine. ) i thrown.

I have used netcat to setup a "fake" cassandra server to ensure that it
is nothing to do with firewall or network issues. And here I see data.

The code to I use is:
TTransport transport = new TSocket("192.168.0.103", 9160);
TProtocol protocol = new TBinaryProtocol(transport);
transport.Open();
Cassandra.Client client = new Cassandra.Client(protocol);
Dictionary<string,string> auth = new Dictionary<string,string>( );
auth.Add( "dilbert", "nomoovertime" );
AuthenticationRequest ar = new AuthenticationRequest();
ar.Credentials = auth;
client.send_login( ar );

Any clues, help, directions would be really appreciated,
Morten