cassandra-user mailing list archives

From Claudio Martella <claudio.marte...@tis.bz.it>
Subject complexity of get(key) and get(key, column) operations
Date Sun, 19 Sep 2010 16:03:22 GMT
 Hello list,

what is the complexity of specific row and specific row/column with
sstable files? Is it O(1)? i'm considering the idea of putting a graph
in cassandra's datamodel and i'd like to follow n-length paths in n*O(1).

the idea is to create a column family where i store vertices with their
properties as columns and a column family where i store the vertices
with in-edges and out-edges as columns.

Can somebody comment about this?

TIA

Claudio

--
Claudio Martella
Digital Technologies

TIS innovation park
Via Siemens 19 | Siemensstr. 19
39100 Bolzano | 39100 Bozen
Tel. +39 0471 068 123
Fax  +39 0471 068 129
claudio.martella@tis.bz.it http://www.tis.bz.it

Short information regarding use of personal data. According to Section 13 of Italian Legislative
Decree no. 196 of 30 June 2003, we inform you that we process your personal data in order
to fulfil contractual and fiscal obligations and also to send you information regarding our
services and events. Your personal data are processed with and without electronic means and
by respecting data subjects' rights, fundamental freedoms and dignity, particularly with regard
to confidentiality, personal identity and the right to personal data protection. At any time
and without formalities you can write an e-mail to privacy@tis.bz.it in order to object the
processing of your personal data for the purpose of sending advertising materials and also
to exercise the right to access personal data and other rights referred to in Section 7 of
Decree 196/2003. The data controller is TIS Techno Innovation Alto Adige, Siemens Street n.
19, Bolzano. You can find the complete information on the web site www.tis.bz.it.