cassandra-user mailing list archives

From Aaron Morton <>
Subject too many open files 0.7.0 beta1
Date Thu, 26 Aug 2010 04:05:00 GMT
Under 0.7.0 beta1 am seeing cassandra run out of files handles...

Caused by: /local1/junkbox/cassandra/data/
(Too many open files)
        at Method)

If I look at the file descriptors for the process I can see it already has 1,958 for to
the file

sudo ls -l /proc/20862/fd | grep "ObjectIndex-e-31-Data.db" |  wc -l

Out of a total of 2044.

Other nodes in the cluster have a similar number of fd's - around 2k with the majority to
one SSTable.

I did not experience this under 0.6 so just checking if this sounds OK and I should just increase
the number of handles or if it's a bug?