cassandra-user mailing list archives

From Thomas Heller <i...@zilence.net>
Subject Re: error using get_range_slice with random partitioner
Date Fri, 06 Aug 2010 23:15:03 GMT
On Sat, Aug 7, 2010 at 1:05 AM, Adam Crain
<adam.crain@greenenergycorp.com> wrote:
> I took this approach... reject the first result of subsequent get_range_slice requests.
If you look back at output I posted (below) you'll notice that not all of the 30 keys [key1...key30]
get listed! The iteration dies and can't proceed past key2.

> 1) 1st batch gets 10 unique keys.
> 2) 2nd batch only gets 9 unique keys with the 1st being a repeat
> 3) 3rd batch only get 2 unqiue keys ""
>
> That means the iteration didn't see 9 keys in the CF. Key7 and Key30 are missing for
example.

Remember the returned results are NOT sorted, so you whenever you are
dropping the first by default, you might be dropping a good one. At
least that would be my guess here.

I have iteration implemented in my client and everything is working as
expected and so far I never had duplicates (running 0.6.3). I'm using
tokens for range_slices tho, increment/decrement for get_slice only.

/thomas