cassandra-user mailing list archives

From Benjamin Black...@b3k.us>
Subject Re: Cassandra & HAProxy
Date Sun, 29 Aug 2010 18:51:59 GMT
On Sun, Aug 29, 2010 at 11:04 AM, Anthony Molinaro
<anthonym@alumni.caltech.edu> wrote:
> If one machine is misbehaving it tends to fail pretty quickly, at which
> point all the haproxies drop it (we have an haproxy on every client node,
> so it acts like a connection pooling mechanism for the client).

Cool.  Except this is not at all how most people use HAProxy (and I'd
be very surprised if the OP had this configuration in mind).  As you
say, you are using it per client as a connection pool (which I do
advocate, along with using languages that don't require this sort of
hack), rather than as a service proxy on the Cassandra side (which I
don't advocate).