cassandra-user mailing list archives

From Ran Tavory <ran...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [RELEASE] 0.7.0 beta1
Date Wed, 18 Aug 2010 12:34:40 GMT
[cross posting to user@cass and hector-useres@googlegroups]

Happy to announce hector's support in 0.7.0. Hector is a java client for
cassandra which wraps the low level thrift interface with a nicer API, adds
monitoring, connection pooling and more.
I didn't do anything... The amazing 0.7.0 work was done by Ed (thanks Ed)
with support from Nate (thanks)

This version includes support in a 0.7.0 cluster with feature parity to
0.6.0 (all API calls that used to work in 0.6.* now work with 0.7.0-beta1).
Complete support for all 0.7.0 new features is in the works and will be
available soon (the system_ calls).
A good place to start with some examples is here
http://github.com/rantav/hector/blob/0.7.0/src/test/java/me/prettyprint/cassandra/model/ApiV2SystemTest.javaand
here
http://github.com/rantav/hector/blob/0.7.0/src/main/java/me/prettyprint/cassandra/examples/ExampleDaoV2.java

The code is here http://github.com/rantav/hector/tree/0.7.0, a zip file with
all dependencies is on the downloads page (
http://github.com/rantav/hector/downloads) and here's a direct link
http://github.com/downloads/rantav/hector/hector-0.7.0-16.zip

Enjoy