cassandra-user mailing list archives

From Sylvain Lebresne <sylv...@yakaz.com>
Subject Re: TimeUUID vs Epoch
Date Fri, 13 Aug 2010 17:01:44 GMT
True, it's more annoying to do because you need to construct a UUID whose time
part is what you need and the rest of the bytes are zeros (excepted for the
version bit that should be one for the UUID to be valid if I remember
correctly).
And usually, UUID generator don't give you that, you'll have to 'do it
yourself',
which is annoying (but not very hard if you look a UUID version 1 layout).

--
Sylvain