cassandra-user mailing list archives

From Ronald Park <ronald.p...@cbsinteractive.com>
Subject Re: "MessageDeserializationTask.java (line 47) dropping message" errors
Date Fri, 20 Aug 2010 20:50:13 GMT
How about this message:

 WARN [DroppedMessagesLogger] 2010-08-20 08:02:27,668 MessagingService.java
(lin
e 512) Dropped 46469 messages in the last 1000ms

For this application, I also have a 3-node cluster but I'm running a version
of Cassandra built off the trunk (we wanted the 'time to live' feature
before 0.7.beta was out).  My application runs a daily loading script which
peaks at under 3000 batch_mutate requests per second, well below the 46K in
this log.  Are these some sort of internal messages, like pings? Or are
updates being dropped on the floor?

Thanks,
Ron