cassandra-user mailing list archives

From Aaron Morton <aa...@thelastpickle.com>
Subject Re: Privileges
Date Tue, 24 Aug 2010 01:03:24 GMT
Scratch that, looks like a fix is on it's way...
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CASSANDRA-1237 for 0.8 and
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CASSANDRA-1271 for 0.7

Aaron

On 23 Aug, 2010,at 11:39 PM, aaron morton <aaron@thelastpickle.com> wrote:

I may try to code a fix for this as it seems like the easiest cassandra ticket I could image
(and my Java is a little rusty :) )

How about changing the format of the access.properties file to something like

Keyspace1=jsmith:FULL,Elvis Presley:READ,dilbert:READWRITE

If no access level specified default to READWRITE.

Would that be ok ?

Aaron

Let me
On 23 Aug 2010, at 11:13, Mark wrote:

> On 8/21/10 4:36 PM, Benjamin Black wrote:
>> For reference, I learned this from reading the source:
>> thrift/CassandraServer.java
>>
>> On Sat, Aug 21, 2010 at 4:19 PM, Mark<static.void.dev@gmail.com> wrote:
>>> Is there anyway to remove drop column family/keyspace privileges?
>>>
> It seems that SimpleAuthenticator out of box is all or nothing with privileges... ie
NONE or FULL. Is there a place I can define roles and/or readonly accounts? If not I am guessing
I will just have to roll out my own Authenticator I guess?