cassandra-user mailing list archives

From Mikio Braun <mi...@cs.tu-berlin.de>
Subject Re: Post on experiences with Cassandra for Twitter retweet analysis
Date Mon, 16 Aug 2010 08:19:36 GMT
Hi Eric,

no general problems per se with long rows. The only problem was that
retrieving the whole row took about 10-20 seconds and the timeouts I had
set (both the Cassandra RPC, as well as in the client library I used)
were slower, so these requests could never complete. This gave me a bit
of a headache, so I thought others should being aware of that.

I also changed the way we used these rows to do a slice request to
extract only the potion relevant for the analysis. This cut down the
requests to a few seconds which is fine for our needs.

-M