cassandra-user mailing list archives

From Mark <static.void....@gmail.com>
Subject Re: 0.7 CLI w/TSocket
Date Fri, 13 Aug 2010 05:20:52 GMT
On 8/12/10 9:14 PM, Jonathan Ellis wrote:
> Works fine here.
>
> bin/cassandra-cli --host localhost --port 9160
> Connected to: "Test Cluster" on localhost/9160
> Welcome to cassandra CLI.
>
> On Thu, Aug 12, 2010 at 2:18 PM, Mark<static.void.dev@gmail.com>  wrote:

>>> Where can I find an updated cli? I just downloaded the nightly build
>>> (apache-cassandra-2010-08-12_13-11-16-bin.tar.gz) and I am still seeing the
>>> same thing. Thanks
>>>
>> Same thing with cassandra-0.7.0-beta1

Jon

I am using apache-cassandra-0.7.0-beta1
(http://people.apache.org/~eevans/apache-cassandra-0.7.0-beta1-bin.tar.gz)
with pretty much all the defaults besides :
"thrift_framed_transport_size_in_mb:"

cluster_name: MyCluster
auto_bootstrap: true
hinted_handoff_enabled: true
authenticator: org.apache.cassandra.auth.AllowAllAuthenticator
partitioner: org.apache.cassandra.dht.RandomPartitioner
data_file_directories:
     - /var/lib/cassandra/data
seeds:
     - localhost
disk_access_mode: mmap_index_only
concurrent_reads: 8
concurrent_writes: 32
sliced_buffer_size_in_kb: 64
storage_port: 7000
listen_address: localhost
rpc_address: localhost
rpc_port: 9160
thrift_framed_transport_size_in_mb: 15
thrift_max_message_length_in_mb: 16
snapshot_before_compaction: false
binary_memtable_throughput_in_mb: 256
memtable_flush_after_mins: 60
memtable_throughput_in_mb: 64
memtable_operations_in_millions: 0.3
column_index_size_in_kb: 64
in_memory_compaction_limit_in_mb: 64
commitlog_directory: /var/lib/cassandra/commitlog
commitlog_rotation_threshold_in_mb: 128
commitlog_sync: periodic
commitlog_sync_period_in_ms: 10000
rpc_timeout_in_ms: 10000
endpoint_snitch: org.apache.cassandra.locator.SimpleSnitch
dynamic_snitch: true
request_scheduler: org.apache.cassandra.scheduler.NoScheduler
request_scheduler_id: keyspace
keyspaces:
     - name: MyKeyspace
       replica_placement_strategy:
org.apache.cassandra.locator.RackUnawareStrategy
       replication_factor: 1
       column_families:
         - name: Foo
           compare_with: BytesType

If I change "thrift_framed_transport_size_in_mb" back to the default
value of 15 then the CLI will work, otherwise I receiving the following
error messages:

CLI
$ bin/cassandra-cli --host localhost --port 9160
Exception retrieving information about the cassandra node, check you
have connected to the thrift port.
Welcome to cassandra CLI.

Cassandra
ERROR 22:12:06,235 Thrift error occurred during processing of message.
org.apache.thrift.protocol.TProtocolException: Missing version in
readMessageBegin, old client?
     at
org.apache.thrift.protocol.TBinaryProtocol.readMessageBegin(TBinaryProtocol.java:211)
     at
org.apache.cassandra.thrift.Cassandra$Processor.process(Cassandra.java:2487)
     at
org.apache.cassandra.thrift.CustomTThreadPoolServer$WorkerProcess.run(CustomTThreadPoolServer.java:167)
     at
     at
     at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:637)