cassandra-user mailing list archives

From lisek <m.lisow...@powerprice.pl>
Subject Re: configure login access to cassandra
Date Wed, 04 Aug 2010 12:04:40 GMT

Ok, I've figure it out with little help with people from IRC, , at first of
course you have to edit access.properties and passwd.properties in “conf”
dir – I think you will know what to do here.
After that, edit cassandra.in.sh wich is in bin directory where you have
installation of Cassandra.
At the end of file you’ve got in standard something like this:

# Arguments to pass to the JVM
JVM_OPTS=" \
        -ea \
        -Xms256M \
        -Xmx1G \
        -XX:+UseParNewGC \
        -XX:+UseConcMarkSweepGC \
        -XX:+CMSParallelRemarkEnabled \
        -XX:SurvivorRatio=8 \
        -XX:MaxTenuringThreshold=1 \
        -XX:+HeapDumpOnOutOfMemoryError \
        -Dcom.sun.management.jmxremote.port=8080 \
        -Dcom.sun.management.jmxremote.ssl=false \
        -Dcom.sun.management.jmxremote.authenticate=false”

You have to add those two lines to JVM_OPTS:

-Daccess.properties=/opt/cassandra/conf/access.properties \
     -Dpasswd.properties=/opt/cassandra/conf/passwd.properties”

Of course you have to change file locations but in my case it is like I
wrote.

So after this operation all will look like this:

# Arguments to pass to the JVM
JVM_OPTS=" \
        -ea \
        -Xms256M \
        -Xmx1G \
        -XX:+UseParNewGC \
        -XX:+UseConcMarkSweepGC \
        -XX:+CMSParallelRemarkEnabled \
        -XX:SurvivorRatio=8 \
        -XX:MaxTenuringThreshold=1 \
        -XX:+HeapDumpOnOutOfMemoryError \
        -Dcom.sun.management.jmxremote.port=8080 \
        -Dcom.sun.management.jmxremote.ssl=false \
        -Dcom.sun.management.jmxremote.authenticate=false \
        -Daccess.properties=/opt/cassandra/conf/access.properties \
        -Dpasswd.properties=/opt/cassandra/conf/passwd.properties"

Now I will test it on windows ;)

Regards,
Maciek