cassandra-user mailing list archives

From Thorvaldsson Justus <justus.thorvalds...@svenskaspel.se>
Subject SV: SV: Help with getting Key range with some column limitations
Date Fri, 20 Aug 2010 08:05:38 GMT
I think you should try to do it some other way than iterate, it sounds super suboptimal to
me. Also the plugin option he was thinking of I think is changing Cassandra sourcecode, kind
of hard when Cassandra is changing so fast but very possible. I think you should look at http://blip.tv/file/4015273
and perhaps my blog post about the same thing at www.Justus.st<http://www.Justus.st>
Cassandra post 4 more on Data model

Exampel code in java, start and end key, next iteration the end should be the last key that
you collected, depends how you made you model
//Keyrange is for what row key, you can specify what row startkey,endkey and how many rows
KeyRange keyRange = new KeyRange(700);
keyRange.setStart_key(rowId);
keyRange.setEnd_key(rowId);

 //Specify what supercolumns you want to get
SliceRange sliceRange = new SliceRange();
sliceRange.setStart(new byte[] {});
sliceRange.setFinish(new byte[] {});

/J

Från: Jone Lura [mailto:jone.lura@ecc.no]
Skickat: den 20 augusti 2010 08:53
Till: user@cassandra.apache.org
Ämne: Re: SV: Help with getting Key range with some column limitations

Thanks for you suggestions.

I tried to iterate them, however I could not get it to work (pretty sure its my code). Im
still not to familiar with Cassandra, so could you provide a small example?

The key count could be up to atleast 20k and maybe more, and users should not wait for more
than 10 seconds for their map, so I also want to investigate the plugin suggestion. Does the
plugin exist? or do I have to develop it myself? Are there any documentation on plugin development
for Cassandra?

Best regards

Jone