The DiskAccessMode is set to auto.
I am going to try with standard and see, but i am concerned how much that would affect performance negatively.

thx
Amit

On Wed, Jul 21, 2010 at 3:59 PM, Aaron Morton <aaron@thelastpickle.com> wrote:
Are you using mmap or auto DiskAccessMode ?

There is a known issue with memory mapped file access taking up a lot of memory. See CASSANDRA-1214 https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CASSANDRA-1214 there is also some discussion in the mail list here.

Try setting the DiskAccessMode to standard

Aaron