cassandra-user mailing list archives

From Aaron Morton <aa...@thelastpickle.com>
Subject Re: Question about CL.ZERO
Date Mon, 12 Jul 2010 22:37:29 GMT
My understanding is that the coordinator will acknowledge the writes faster then they can actually
be written. Eventually it will run out of buffer space.

see http://wiki.apache.org/cassandra/FAQ#slows_down_after_lotso_inserts

Using CL.ONE makes it harder for the clients to flood the cluster with more writes than it
can perform. As usual add more nodes to add more write throughput.

Aaron