cassandra-user mailing list archives

From Aaron Morton <aa...@thelastpickle.com>
Subject Re: Question regarding consistency and deletion
Date Mon, 12 Jul 2010 22:34:20 GMT
The Tomstones are removed after GCGraceSeconds (in the storage-config.xml), at the next Major
Compaction http://wiki.apache.org/cassandra/MemtableSSTable?highlight=%28tombstones%29

Take a look at http://wiki.apache.org/cassandra/DistributedDeletes  and Handling Failure on
http://wiki.apache.org/cassandra/Operations

This one explains the internal reason the tombstoned keys are returned http://wiki.apache.org/cassandra/FAQ#range_ghosts

You could reduce the GCGraceSeconds. Others may have a better idea how to force it.

Aaron´╗┐