cassandra-user mailing list archives

From Per Olesen <...@trifork.com>
Subject Re: manual InitialToken assignemnt
Date Fri, 09 Jul 2010 12:51:28 GMT
Are you using OrderPreservingPartitioner or RandomPartitioner?

Cause if you are using RandomPartitioner, a hash is calculated from "a" and that hash is used
to determine where the data for "a" key goes, not "a".

On Jul 9, 2010, at 2:16 PM, Sagar Agrawal wrote:

> I have a 2 node cluster
> node1 - <InitialToken>5</InitialToken>
> node2 - <InitialToken>9</InitialToken>
>
> If I insert a row with key="a", which node should it go and why?
>
> It is going to node1, but I think it should go to node2, since token value of node is
closer to "a" (using java string compareTo method)

> someone please clarify
>
> Thanks

Med venlig hilsen/Best regards

Per Olesen, Developer