cassandra-user mailing list archives

From aaron morton <aa...@thelastpickle.com>
Subject Re: Multiget capabilities
Date Mon, 26 Jul 2010 11:39:46 GMT
There is no way to request data from more than one ColumnFamily. The general approach is to
de-normalise the data so all the information you need for a query can be returned from a single
Column Family.

I think this applies to both your questions.

Aaron

On 26 Jul 2010, at 22:51, CordiS wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I am interested in two features that i have not been able to found in API docs and mailing
lists.

> First of all, is there any way to miss CF name in ColumnPath or ColumnParent (or better
enumerate CFs to be retrieved). It would be commonly used to fetch all the data of a complex
object identified by key.

> Secondly, it would be great to have an ability to fetch differently structured data by
single request, providng map<key : string, list<<ColumnParent>, <Predicate>>>
to multiget_slice()