cassandra-user mailing list archives

From Jeremy Hanna <jeremy.hanna1...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: iterating over all rows keys gets duplicate key returns
Date Wed, 28 Jul 2010 21:55:42 GMT
Yes, didn't know if you saw the reply in the channel.

This bug has been fixed in the forthcoming 0.6.4 release.  It was bug CASSANDRA-1042 - https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CASSANDRA-1042

(0.6.4 will be out really soon)

On Jul 28, 2010, at 4:43 PM, Dave Viner wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I'm having a strange result in trying to iterate over all row keys for a particular column
family.  The iteration works, but I see the same row key returned multiple times during the
iteration.

> I'm using cassandra 0.6.3, and I've put the code in use at http://pastebin.com/zz5xJQ8f
>
> Using get_range_slices() and a keyrange with incrementing start_key's, shouldn't I get
an enumeration of the keys such that each key appears only once ?

> In iterating 1000 times, I was given the same rows 8322 times.  Somehow it seems like
something is amiss in how I'm performing the iteration over the keys.  Any suggestions on
how I can properly iterate?