cassandra-user mailing list archives

From Chen Xinli <chen.d...@gmail.com>
Subject goods search with cassandra
Date Mon, 19 Jul 2010 03:25:13 GMT
Hi,

I want to implement goods search with cassandra; and I have some confusings.
Can someone help me out?

The case is that:
There are about 1 million shops, every shop with about 10,000 goods, every
goods with property like "title", "price" etc..
The search is like "give me 10 goods in a specific shop and the price of the
goods should be less than  10$"

For the data model, I use shop name as the key; goods id as the column name
and "title", "price" are special encoded as column value .
There are too many goods in one shop, filtering the data in thrift client is
impossible for network transferring reason.
I want to implement a special ColumnValueFilter extends QueryFilter to get
the result in "local".
Is this the best way?

Insertion of goods is about 100/second for the whole cluster, so a thrift
client for insertion is ok.
For reads, latency and qps are important and I must provide a http service
for user searching.
Embedding a thrift client in such a service will involve another network
transferring, so I want to build the service on top of cassandra directly.
I reviewed the code of ClientOnlyExample.java.
What makes me confusing is that: insertion through thrift client and reading
through using cassandra directly, is data consistency promised and how?

Any help is appreciated. Thanks!

--
Best Regards,
Chen Xinli