cassandra-user mailing list archives

From Dave Viner <davevi...@pobox.com>
Subject Re: Cassandra Chef recipe and EC2 snitch
Date Thu, 22 Jul 2010 17:18:55 GMT
You don't need the ec2snitch necessarily.  AFAIK, It's meant to be a
"better" way of detecting where your ec2 instances are.  But, unless you're
popping instances all the time, I don't think it's worth it.

Check out the step-by-step guide on that same page.  Pure EC2 api calls to
setup your cluster.

You can also use rackaware-ness in EC2.  Just add in the PropertyFile
endpoint and put your rack file in /etc/cassandra/rack.properties.

Dave Viner