cassandra-user mailing list archives

From Benjamin Black...@b3k.us>
Subject Re: Use of multiple Keyspaces
Date Thu, 08 Jul 2010 18:38:22 GMT
as rcoli just reminded me, i should be more clear that it is 1
_active_ memtable per CF, but there may be several pending flush.

space from deletions is only reclaimed after GCGraceSeconds has
elapsed AND a major compaction is run.  default for the former is 10
days.  the latter is not automatic.

On Thu, Jul 8, 2010 at 11:32 AM, Dwight Smith
<Dwight.Smith@alcatel-lucent.com> wrote:
> Thanks - I found on Wiki that the memtables and sstables are on a per CF
> basis.
>
> Sorry about the mail client formatting - I have no choice - corporate
> controlled:)
>
> Now I am concerned about the deletions - what areas should I investigate
> to understand the concerns you raise?
>
> Thanks again

proprietary information of Alcatel-Lucent and/or its affiliated entities. Access by the intended
recipient only is authorized. Any liability arising from any party acting, or refraining from
acting, on any information contained in this e-mail is hereby excluded. If you are not the
intended recipient, please notify the sender immediately, destroy the original transmission
and its attachments and do not disclose the contents to any other person, use it for any purpose,
or store or copy the information in any medium. Copyright in this e-mail and any attachments
belongs to Alcatel-Lucent and/or its affiliated entities.