cassandra-user mailing list archives

From Andrew Rollins <and...@localytics.com>
Subject EC2 small instance config?
Date Wed, 07 Jul 2010 05:30:17 GMT
Anyone using Amazon EC2 small instances for a production cluster under
reasonably high loads (perhaps hundreds or low thousands ops/sec)?

I'm looking for an example storage-conf.xml file to use as a guide. If
you've done one and would be willing to share, please let me know.

I'm willing to bet a few people think running a few small nodes in a cluster
is a bad idea and that maybe I should just use one or two large instances,
but it should be doable for the throughput I'm targeting. Using smalls also
provides a better spread of data (more smaller nodes equals more cuts of the
data, which means less data to move after node failure).

- Andrew