cassandra-user mailing list archives

From Dave Gardner <dave.gard...@imagini.net>
Subject Re: Cassandra vs MongoDB
Date Tue, 27 Jul 2010 19:42:15 GMT
There are quite a few differences. Ultimately it depends on your use
case! For example Mongo has a limit on the maximum "document" size of
4MB, whereas with Cassandra you are not really limited to the volume
of data/columns per-row (I think there maybe a limit of 2GB perhaps;
basically none)

Another point re: search volumes is that mongo has been actively
promoting over the last few months. I recently attended an excellent
conference day in London which was very cheap; tickets probably didn't
cover the costs. I guess this is part of their strategy. Eg: encourage
adoption.

Dave