cassandra-user mailing list archives

From Benjamin Black...@b3k.us>
Subject Re: Cassandra Chef recipe and EC2 snitch
Date Mon, 26 Jul 2010 05:00:43 GMT
the link mentions an ec2snitch, but i don't.  the cookbook can just
generate property files for the propertysnitch (which i much prefer to
the use of a dedicated snitch).  the algorithm for decided locality is
at least as dumb as the one in the rack-aware snitch.  on the plus
side, it's just a little ruby, so easily fixed!

On Thu, Jul 22, 2010 at 10:08 AM, Allan Carroll <allanca@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I'm setting up a new cluster on EC2 for the first time and looking at the wiki cloud
setup page (http://wiki.apache.org/cassandra/CloudConfig). There's a chef recipe linked there
that mentions an ec2snitch. The link doesn't seem to go where it says it does. Does anyone
know where those resources have gone or are they no longer available?