cassandra-user mailing list archives

From Thomas Heller <>
Subject Re: Iterate all keys - doing it as the faq fails for me :(
Date Tue, 13 Jul 2010 12:38:02 GMT
I'm not entirely sure but I think you can only use get_range_slices
with start_key/end_key on a cluster using OrderPreservingPartitioner.
Dont know if that is intentional or buggy like Jonathan suggest but I
saw the same "duplicates" behaviour when trying to iterate all rows
using RP and start_key/end_key.

The only solution I found was using start_token/end_token which also
has some issues but once you work arround those everything works just
fine (0.6.3 for me).

On Tue, Jul 13, 2010 at 12:39 AM, Jonathan Ellis <> wrote:
> I can't picture how you could be reading data that sorts *before* the
> start key with a range slice.  So, probably not fixed in 0.6.3.
> On Mon, Jul 12, 2010 at 7:56 AM, Per Olesen <> wrote:
>>>This is a bug.  Can you submit a ticket with test data to reproduce?
>> Uuuh, maybe...:)
>> Right now it is happening on some life user data, that I am not sure I can ship.
Haven't tried if I can reproduce locally.
>> One question: We are running 0.6.2. Could this be fixed in 0.6.3? Not that big a
problem for us to upgrade, if you want me to check that first?