cassandra-user mailing list archives

From Jonathan Shook <jsh...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: SV: How to stop cassandra server, installed from debian/ubuntupackage
Date Mon, 26 Jul 2010 15:52:31 GMT
If only one instance of Cassandra is running on each node, then use
something like
pkill -f 'java.*cassandra'

If more than one (not recommended for various reasons), then you
should modify the scripts to put a unique token in the process name.
Something like -Dprocname=... will work. Then you can modify your
pkill -f to be instance specific.