cassandra-user mailing list archives

From Todd Burruss <bburr...@real.com>
Subject RE: 0.7, 0.8 roadmaps
Date Tue, 06 Jul 2010 17:07:03 GMT
Along this line, is it known if upgrading from 0.6 to 0.7 will require cluster downtime?

-----Original Message-----
From: tsuraan [tsuraan@gmail.com]
To: user@cassandra.apache.org [user@cassandra.apache.org]
Subject: 0.7, 0.8 roadmaps

Is there a document anywhere with estimated release dates for the 0.7
and 0.8 versions of cassandra?  I've seen
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CASSANDRA/fixforversion/12314533,
which indicates progress towards 0.7, but I haven't had much luck with
finding date estimates.  I'm especially interested in the new SSTable
format (0.8 bug, #674), since I'm not really comfortable deploying
something where the on-disk format isn't entirely decided yet.
General guesses would be great, like "0.8 will hopefully be in alpha
during the end of 2010", or some sort of general time like that.
Thanks for any info you can provide!