cassandra-user mailing list archives

From aaron morton <aa...@thelastpickle.com>
Subject Re: Which node is coordinator node?
Date Tue, 06 Jul 2010 12:04:05 GMT
Which ever node the client connects to is the coordinator node. It will take care of sending
the messages to the nodes who will do the actual work.

If you have multiple nodes try a DNS round robin to distribute client connections around.

Aaron
On 6 Jul 2010, at 22:10, ChingShen wrote:

> Hi all,
>
>   I'm newbie in Cassandra, I have a question about which node is coordinator node in
my cluster.

> I have A, B, C, D, E, F and G nodes. if I run a write operation on "A" node, and key
range between A and B, so the A node is responsible to write the key to B, C and D nodes(RF=3)
? and does it mean A node is coordinator node?