cassandra-user mailing list archives

From Aaron Morton <aa...@thelastpickle.com>
Subject Re: importance of key cache vs row cache
Date Thu, 29 Jul 2010 22:02:37 GMT

> Which type of cache is appropriate to your particular case depends on a
> variety of factors including the hotness and other access
> characteristics of your data set, the relationship of data set size to
> the heap size, row size to key size, and so forth.
>
> =Rob

A little of topic, but I remember reading once from facebook that when a web user give focus
to the inbox search box they sent a message back to warm the appropriate caches. I think it
may have been in the original paper.

Out of interest is there a way to warm the key cache, other than say sending a get_range_slices
command that asks for 0 columns?

I don't have a particular need to do this, just wondering.

Aaron