cassandra-user mailing list archives

From Hugo <h...@unitedgames.com>
Subject Question on Eventual Consistency
Date Mon, 19 Jul 2010 19:14:17 GMT
Hi,

Being fairly new to Cassandra I have a question on the eventual
consistency. I'm currently performing experiments with a single-node
Cassandra system and a single client. In some of my tests I perform an
update to an existing subcolumn in a row and subsequently read it back
from the same thread. More often than not I get back the value I've
written (and expected), but sometimes it can occur that I get back the
old value of the subcolumn. Is this a bug or does it fall into the
eventual consistency?

I'm using Hector 0.6.0-14 on Cassandra 0.6.3 on a single disk,
double-core Windows machine with a Sun 1.6 JVM. All reads and writes are
quorum (the default), but I don't think this matters in my setup.

Groets, Hugo.