cassandra-user mailing list archives

From Stephen Hamer <stephen.ha...@xobni.com>
Subject RE: live nodes list in ring
Date Thu, 01 Jul 2010 00:37:51 GMT
When this happens to me I have to do a full cluster restart. Even doing a rolling restart across
the cluster doesn’t seem to fix them, all of the nodes need to be stopped at the same time.
After bringing everything back up the ring is correct.

Does anyone know how a cluster gets into this state?

Stephen

From: aaron morton [mailto:aaron@thelastpickle.com]
Sent: Wednesday, June 30, 2010 1:42 PM
To: user@cassandra.apache.org
Cc: 'huzhonghua'; 'GongJianTao(宫建涛)'
Subject: Re: live nodes list in ring

At start up do you see log lines like this

Gossiper.java (line 576) Node /192.168.34.30 is now part of the cluster

Are all the nodes listed?

aaron
On 30 Jun 2010, at 22:50, 王一锋 wrote:

Hi,

In a cassandra cluster, when issueing ring command on every nodes, some can show all nodes
in the cluster but some can only show some other nodes.
All nodes share the same seed list.
And even some of the nodes in the seed list have this problem.
Restarting the problematic nodes won't solve it.
Try closing firewalls with following commands

service iptables stop

Still won't work.

Anyone got a clue?

Thanks very much.