cassandra-user mailing list archives

From "themanatuf@juno.com" <themana...@juno.com>
Subject Re: Adding TimeUUID as Column Name using a PAST time?
Date Fri, 23 Jul 2010 14:16:37 GMT
Disregard... Something was wrong with my instance to where I could not insert anything. Since
I'm in early development I just re-installed Cassandra and the TimeUUID of a past time inserts
just fine.

---------- Original Message ----------
From: "themanatuf@juno.com" <themanatuf@juno.com>
To: user@cassandra.apache.org
Subject: Adding TimeUUID as Column Name using a PAST time?
Date: Fri, 23 Jul 2010 13:17:57 GMT

I apologize if this is a dumb question...but is it possible to create a column with a TimeUUID
in the past? I've been trying to do so, but my records are not being saved. I have date/times
from some historical MySQL data that I've converted to a TimeUUID through a modded Python
uuid1() function to create a UUID from a past timestamp (because I want my data sorted chronologically).
I've verified that the UUID created is valid and I've been able to extract the correct time
out of the UUID.

However, trying to add this to Cassandra does nothing. The records appear to save when the
program finishes, but no data is listed or displayed when trying to query it. My scripts are
written in Python using the lazyboy interface to Cassandra. No exceptions are thrown nor is
there anything in the Cassandra logs. Any thoughts would be much appreciated.

Six Sigma Certification
Villanova Six Sigma Certification 100% Online Program - Free Info.
http://thirdpartyoffers.juno.com/TGL3131/4c4996c7613383d3a71st05duc