cassandra-user mailing list archives

From Thorvaldsson Justus <justus.thorvalds...@svenskaspel.se>
Subject SV: How to stop cassandra server, installed from debian/ubuntu package
Date Mon, 26 Jul 2010 14:14:48 GMT
I use standard close, CTRL C, I don't run it as deamon
Dunno but think it works fine =)

-----Ursprungligt meddelande-----
Från: orly@notrly.com [mailto:orly@notrly.com]
Skickat: den 26 juli 2010 15:52
Till: user@cassandra.apache.org
Ämne: How to stop cassandra server, installed from debian/ubuntu package

Hi, this might be a dumb question, but I was wondering how do i stop the
cassandra server.. I installed it using the debian package, so i start
cassandra by running /etc/init.d/cassandra. I looked at the script and
tried /etc/init.d/cassandra stop, but it looks like it just tries to start
cassandra again, so i get the port in use exception.

Thanks