cassandra-user mailing list archives

From Philip Stanhope <pstanh...@wimba.com>
Subject Re: Seeds, autobootstrap nodes, and replication factor
Date Fri, 04 Jun 2010 18:14:10 GMT
I guess I'm thick ...

What would be the right choice? Our data demands have already been proven to scale beyond
what RDB can handle for our purposes. We are quite pleased with Cassandra read/write/scale
out. Just trying to understand the operational considerations.

On Jun 4, 2010, at 2:11 PM, Benjamin Black wrote:

> On Fri, Jun 4, 2010 at 11:04 AM, Philip Stanhope <pstanhope@wimba.com> wrote:
>>
>> I am contemplating a situation where there may be 2N servers ... but only N online
at any one time. But, for operational purposes, N+n (where n is 1 or 2), N may be occasionally
greater than R.