cassandra-user mailing list archives

From Ezra Epstein <e...@ezraepstein.com>
Subject Re: Best documentation for Java and Cassandra?
Date Thu, 17 Jun 2010 14:51:51 GMT
Hi Anthony,

As I understand it Cassandra, like most other "no SQL" alternative
data stores does not support arbitrary queries. Translation: you can't
directly query by field (that is to say, column) value. You are left
with doing a "row scan" client side. Hence you need to know what
queries will be needed a priori. For the example you gave you'd want a
"color" ColumnFamily where the keys are the color values and the
values are whatever you choose - propably keys to other ColumnFamilies
that hold the relevant record data.

HTH,

Ezra

On Jun 17, 2010, at 12:04 AM, "Anthony Ikeda" <Anthony.Ikeda@cardlink.com.au