cassandra-user mailing list archives

From Stephan Pfammatter <Stephan.Pfammat...@logmein.com>
Subject RE: Cassandra Cluster Setup
Date Fri, 04 Jun 2010 16:06:34 GMT
Nice catch Gary. Just realized that replication factor is granular to key space.

-----Original Message-----
From: Gary Dusbabek [mailto:gdusbabek@gmail.com]
Sent: Friday, June 04, 2010 11:49 AM
To: user@cassandra.apache.org
Subject: Re: Cassandra Cluster Setup

Great.  It looks as if the replication factor is still 1, not 3.  This
means that each key lives only on one node.  By increasing it to 3,
data will be replicated across all 3 nodes.

Gary.

On Fri, Jun 4, 2010 at 06:51, Stephan Pfammatter
<Stephan.Pfammatter@logmein.com> wrote:
> Tx Nahor/Gary/Ben. I blew everything away, adjusted the seed to Cassandra-ca and changed
the replication factor.
> Now I can see the sample keys being spread across the 3 nodes:
> Cassandra-ca holds rows (keys: 1,5,8)
> Cassandra-az holds rows (keys: 11,55)
> Cassandra-or hodls rows (keys: 88)
>
> I don't see the data being duplicated yet. Am I missing a storage-conf setting? I need
to proof that if Cassandra-az fails that I can still provide key 11,55.