cassandra-user mailing list archives

From Per Olesen <...@trifork.com>
Subject Re: Best documentation for Java and Cassandra?
Date Thu, 17 Jun 2010 08:26:09 GMT
If new to cassandra, how it achieves its goals etc., I would recommend going with the "raw"
thrift API to start with, until you get a good understanding of which API calls there are
and how they work. I am sure there are nicer APIs, but they also somewhat hide some of the
complexity, that I think one needs to understand, to make good decisions on how to use cassandra
properly.

/Per

On Jun 17, 2010, at 9:04 AM, Anthony Ikeda wrote:

> I’m wondering if anyone can suggest the best resources for Java based Cassandra access.
I’ve been able to create a client that can create data and retrieve a row but I’m struggling
to understand how to setup queries based on criteria (e.g. return all keys that have a the
field “color” equal to “red”).