cassandra-user mailing list archives

From Jeremy Davis <jerdavis.cassan...@gmail.com>
Subject Performance Characteristics of CASSANDRA-16 (Memory Efficient Compactions)
Date Sat, 05 Jun 2010 00:47:20 GMT

Can someone (Jonathan?)  help me understand the performance characteristics
of this patch?
Specifically: If I have an open ended CF, and I keep inserting with ever
increasing column names (for example current Time), will things generally
work out ok performance wise? Or will I pay some ever increasing penalty
with the number of entries?

My assumption is that you have bucketed things up for me by column name
order, and as long as I don't delete/modify/create a column in one of the
old buckets, then things will work out ok. Or is this not at all what is
going on?

Thanks,
-JD