cassandra-user mailing list archives

From Steven Haar <sh...@vintagesoftware.com>
Subject Passing client as parameter
Date Wed, 09 Jun 2010 18:01:01 GMT
What is the best way to pass a Cassandra client as a parameter? If you pass
it as a parameter, do you also have to pass the transport in order to be
able to close the connection? Is there any way to open or close the
transport direclty from the client?

Essentailly what I want to do is pass a Cassandra client to a method and
then within that method be able to open the transport, execute a get or set
to the Cassandra database, and then close the transport all witihin the
method. The only way I see to do this is to also pass the transport to the
method.