cassandra-user mailing list archives

From Colin Vipurs <>
Subject Update vs Delete/Insert
Date Wed, 16 Jun 2010 09:21:29 GMT
I've got some data that I'm doing counts on, stored in a CF as:

<lhid> {
    <rhid1> : <count>
    <rhid2> : <count>

With updates happening as an insert on the specific column.

I need to extract the top X values by count and I was wondering if
storing this as:

<lhid> {
   <count-rhid1> : PLACEHOLDER
   <count-rhid2> : PLACEHOLDER

would be a better way of storing the data? Does anyone know the
relative performance differences between doing the insert in the first
instance and a delete/insert in the second?

Maybe she awoke to see the roommate's boyfriend swinging from the
chandelier wearing a boar's head.

Something which you, I, and everyone else would call "Tuesday", of course.

View raw message