cassandra-user mailing list archives

From Steve Lihn <stevel...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: simple authentication in cascal
Date Wed, 30 Jun 2010 19:06:27 GMT
Chris,
What I have in mind is to use SimpleAuthenticator in conjuction with the
access.properties and passwd.properties.
This use case is actually somewhat personal. I have servers in the AWS
cloud, during development and testing, I may connect from home or wireless
points on the road.
I don't want to be bothered with opening up the firewall based on the IP I
have at that moment. So I am thinking to open up 9160 and use authentication
to block unauthorized writes, which may corrupt the database. But I couldn't
find any info on how to use SimpleAuthenticator in the scala client.

Steve