cassandra-user mailing list archives

From Mike Malone <m...@simplegeo.com>
Subject Re: Are 6..8 seconds to read 23.000 small rows - as it should be?
Date Fri, 04 Jun 2010 20:01:12 GMT
> > Yes, I know. And I might end up doing this in the end. I do though have
> pretty hard upper limits of how many rows I will end up with for each key,
> but anyways it might be a good idea none the less. Thanks for the advice on
> that one.
>
> You set count to Integer.MAX. Did you try with say 30000? IIRC that
> makes a difference (while it shouldn't) even when you have still less
> than 30000.

Er, really? Just off hand, I feel like I've looked through most of the code
that would be relevant and I can't think of any reason that would be the
case. If it is, that definitely seems like a bug, particularly since the
general strategy for fetching "all the things in this row" is to set count
to Integer.MAX_VALUE!

Mike