cassandra-user mailing list archives

From Jonathan Ellis <jbel...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Data format stability
Date Fri, 11 Jun 2010 23:43:08 GMT
If you're comfortable following commits@cassandra.apache.org, it
should be pretty obvious which changes are going to break things
temporarily or require a commitlog drain.  Otherwise, we recommend
sticking with the stable branch until a beta is released.

On Fri, Jun 11, 2010 at 2:24 PM, Matthew Conway <matt@backupify.com> wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> I'd like to start using trunk for something real, but am concerned about stability of
the data format.  That is, will I be able to upgrade a running system to a newer version
of trunk and eventually to the 7.0 release, or are there any changes planned to the format
of the data stored on disk that would prevent this.  I'm ok with having to do a full shutdown
to do upgrades, or even some form of export/import (would prefer to avoid this), but obviously
would need to know when the format has changed so I can do the right thing (announcements
to mailing list?).  What is the recommend procedure for dealing with upgrades?  Thanks,

--
Jonathan Ellis
Project Chair, Apache Cassandra