cassandra-user mailing list archives

From Gary Dusbabek <gdusba...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Cassandra Cluster Setup
Date Mon, 07 Jun 2010 20:01:21 GMT
It should take roughly 30 seconds (please clarify--not minutes) to
join the cluster.

Gary.

On Mon, Jun 7, 2010 at 08:23, Stephan Pfammatter
<Stephan.Pfammatter@logmein.com> wrote:
> I still have one open issue: My cluster has only 3 local nodes with 1 CF (5 rows).
> The initial start works fine. I can see the replicated data and can do all admin tasks
I want, successfully.

> Now I'm simulating a node failure by stopping Cassandra. I remove
> (a) commit log
> (b) content in system keyspace
> (c) application cf
>
> When I bring the node back up I can see the new token assignment, streaming notification
(we are talking about 5 rows in 1 cf). Thrift port is not available for ~30 min. Why is that?
I would expect it to be back in a matter of maybe <1' (this should be data quantity related).

> Thanks, Stephan

changed the replication factor.
>> Now I can see the sample keys being spread across the 3 nodes:
>> Cassandra-ca holds rows (keys: 1,5,8)
>> Cassandra-az holds rows (keys: 11,55)
>> Cassandra-or hodls rows (keys: 88)
>>
>> I don't see the data being duplicated yet. Am I missing a storage-conf setting? I
need to proof that if Cassandra-az fails that I can still provide key 11,55.