cassandra-user mailing list archives

From Paul Prescod <p...@ayogo.com>
Subject Re: http://voltdb.com/ ?
Date Wed, 09 Jun 2010 22:03:20 GMT
I hope Cassandra is competitive with other solutions well before 50TB
of data. There is a middle ground where you might choose one or the
other. Just as there are areas where you might choose PostGres or
Cassandra.

They claim it will scale all the way up. Right now the likely
dealbreaker will be its immaturity when it comes to availability. To
do almost anything (schema change, node addition, node recovery etc.)
you have to dump and reload. Their roadmap says that they will fix
that in upcoming versions.