cassandra-user mailing list archives

From Gavan Hood <>
Subject Re: Call for input of cassandra, thrift , hector, pelops example / sample / test code snippets
Date Thu, 24 Jun 2010 12:47:46 GMT
Thanks Ran,
I downloaded those,
ReadAllKeys worked straight up, very good example, I have already got
ExampleClient working so ditto there :-)
I am searching for the defintion of Command<void> in ExampleDAO
getallkey slices and keyspace test have a few more unresolved externals like
junit, mockito and other items.
I tried downloading the code stack fom git but I am not sure that was a good
idea, but it did have some of the files in that download.

I noticed a file on the site too, but that has some
issues, some undefined KeySpace entries and other syntax errors.

On Thu, Jun 24, 2010 at 10:18 PM, Ran Tavory <> wrote:

> Here's what we have for hector:
> wiki:
>  blog posts:
> Examples:
> Example <>
> DAO<>
> <>Example
> simple client<>
> <>Example
> read all keys<>
> <>get
> all key slices for… in groups <>
>  <>and KeyspaceTest<>
> On Thu, Jun 24, 2010 at 1:45 AM, Gavan Hood <> wrote:
>> Hi all,
>> I have been researching the samples with some success but its taken a
>> while. I am very keen on Cassandra and love the work thats been done, well
>> done everyone involved.
>> I would like to get as many of the samples I can get organized into
>> something that makes it easier to kick of with for people taking the road I
>> am on.
>> If people on this list have code snippets, full example apps, test apps,
>> API test functions etc I would like to hear about them please. My work is in
>> Java so I really want to see those, the others are still of high interest as
>> I will post them all out as I mention below.
>> Ideally I would like to get a small test container set up to allow people
>> to poke and prod API's and see what happens, but like most of us time is the
>> challenge. If I do not get that far I would at least post the findings to
>> page(s)  that people can continue to add to, maybe if successful it could
>> then be consumed back into the apachi wiki...
>> If someone has already done this I would love to see the site.
>> Let me know your thoughts,  and better yet show me the code :-)
>> Regards
>> Gavan

View raw message