cassandra-user mailing list archives

From Jonathan Ellis <jbel...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: cassandra out of heap space crash
Date Fri, 11 Jun 2010 17:47:12 GMT
We give you enough rope to hang yourself.  Don't use ZERO if that's
not what you want. :)

On Fri, Jun 11, 2010 at 9:23 AM, William Ashley <washley@gmail.com> wrote:
> Would it be reasonable to have (possibly configurable) caps on the maximum size of any
internal Cassandra queues that are directly populated by client requests? I understand this
might mean sometimes breaking the API contract for writers using CL.ZERO by blocking on those
calls, but on the other hand the server crashing isn't part of the API contract either :)

--
Jonathan Ellis
Project Chair, Apache Cassandra