cassandra-user mailing list archives

From Jonathan Shook <jsh...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Implementing Counter on Cassandra
Date Tue, 29 Jun 2010 19:32:19 GMT
Until then, a pragmatic solution, however undesirable, would be to
only have a single logical thread/task/actor that is allowed to
read,modify,update. If this doesn't work for your application, then a
(distributed) lock manager may be used until such time that you can
take it out. Some are using ZooKeeper for this.