cassandra-user mailing list archives

From Christian van der Leeden <christian.vanderlee...@googlemail.com>
Subject Thrift Client on Ruby, does it need compiled bindings? (or anything else to make it faster?)
Date Sun, 20 Jun 2010 18:11:37 GMT
Hi,

	I'm just experimenting and benchmarking cassandra for my use case.
I'm using the fauna/cassandra and fauna/thrift_client. Is there a C or any
other form of non-ruby library that would speed up the ruby part of the
thrift client?

In my tests (inserting 1000 new columns 250 times into one row),
ruby was using very much CPU and the cassandra server (from CPU usage)
was pretty idle. Any hints on make the ruby side faster?

Christian